Sunday, 24 February 2013

A walk on the wild side


The centre of town was disturbingly empty as I walked through. Normally, the hustle and bustle of people going about their normal lives made it a trial to walk through the streets but today it was as if everyone had stayed home. Maybe it was the sunshine but more likely it was the football match playing out on TVs around the country. For some reason it had captured the hearts and minds of people who rarely watched it. Whatever the reason, I was relishing the quiet streets.
I was on my way back from an interview so I was dressed in my best suit and feeling good. The next few hours were all mine - I had nothing to do, nowhere specific to be and, best of all, no pressing crowds. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I paused to look at it. My mood lifted even further as I read the message. By a stroke of pure luck, my occasional lover was sitting in a coffee shop two streets away with nothing to do. With a broad grin on my face I paced towards the coffee shop, she’d never seen me in a suit and didn’t know I was here. I couldn’t wait to see her face when I walked in.
A few minutes later I pushed open the glass door and walked up to the desk to order myself a large, strong black coffee (my poison of choice). I looked around surreptitiously, trying to see if she was still here and if she’d seen me. Sure enough, there she was by the window, gazing out at the world crawling by and oblivious to my presence. She was wearing a small white summer dress that was nearly transparent in the sunlight. Her hair was iridescent and she looked truly gorgeous. My coffee arrived and I picked it up and walked casually over to her table.
...

This Story Now forms part of a Published collection available on Amazon. To Continue reading you'll need to buy a copy of "A Taste of Erotica".

1 comment:

  1. This is good. The use of the term salvo was surprising and a little funny, but nice use of the word. Once again I like how you use no names.

    ReplyDelete